Friday, October 9, 2009

October...Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's one thing to be "aware" of breast cancer. It's another thing to HAVE breast cancer.

My friend, Jane, was diagnosed with breast cancer four weeks ago. Life has been a whirlwind ever since. There have been tears, doctor's visits, test, more doctor's visits, more tests, exhaustion, discomfort, more tears and a pressing into the Lord.

This blog will be run by Jane. I just wanted to get it kicked off for her!

Jane is an amazing woman. Those of us who know her, KNOW there is nothing plain about her! (Making the title apropos).


She is a woman who is in love with Jesus, her husband and kids.

She is a woman who says what she means and means what she says. You always know where you stand with Jane, and that is so refreshing! She and David are two of the most generous people I know. And she makes me laugh. Just the thought of her makes me smile.


As tears have flowed, our friend Beverly had this precious word of encouragement for us...


" 'Thou hast taken account of my wanderings; and put my tears in Thy bottle. Are they not in Thy book?'
-Psalm 56:8

I don't know , but it seems that scripture is saying that our tears are MUCH too valuable to remain in the "precipitation-evaporation cycle", only to become raindrops again! He even records them in His book! HE knows the pain and anguish in our soul that produces those tears, and they are valuable...even precious to HIM! So, HE saves them. How sweet is that?

xox, Bev "


There will be ups and downs on this journey. There will be tears and laughter. I, myself, am looking forward to having Jane pour out her heart here, in this place. We will be able to share in this time with her, supporting her with cards, meals, comments and most importantly...our prayers.


"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective"

-James 5:16

2 comments: