Thursday, October 15, 2009

Count It All Joy

Today is October 15th and it has been quite a journey since September 30th. My friend Vickie has created this beautiful Blog (Web Log for those who don't know, I could not remember) to continue my progress online.

The out pouring of love and concern for me has been overwhelming, from meals to presents left at my front door (thank you to who ever left me the pink Longaberger mug at my front door). I am blessed!!

Last week was quite a week. I managed to cover a few of the side effects from Chemo and ended up at the Oncology office 3 days getting IV fluids. On Friday my nurse JoAnn said we now know what my cocktail will be after each Chemo ...more fluids.

So this week has been a great week for feeling better and having a much better attitude, especially since next Wednesday will be my 2nd infusion.


The lessons I have learned...

-I need 4 to 6 bottles of water
-do not count calories:)
-remember to take my vitamins
-eat lots of protein.
-decrease salt...a lot



Chemo had definitely changed my taste buds. My morning coffee~gone. Cokes~gone.

There is definitely something called Chemo brain, now I have an excuse:) but I forget things so I am trying to journal my days and make lists and now is not a good time to tell me secrets I might forget that it's a secret.

My friend, and neighbor, Kathy gave me a book by Elizabeth George called Finding God's Path through your trials. The very first chapter "Accepting the Truth" she starts off with James 1:2
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials." Your first instinct is to think, "Yeah right!", and close the book, but actually, it is a very true and simple statement. She quotes William Vander Hoven which sums it up " Life need not be easy to be joyful. Joy is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ."


John 16:33, from The Message, reads...

"I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."


No matter what our day brings we can always trust in this scripture, E. George brings up that joy is a choice not an emotion. I can honestly say that the scriptures read a little differently to me now, the meaning is more clear, God's voice is more clear.

I love what King David says in Psalm 27:4 he was freaking out his enemies are after him, like cancer after me... he says


"One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple."


So my prayer is to see the Lord through out this process, that the cancer or the treatment will not beat me!!


I am a fighter and I will win because Jesus has conquered the world.


Anne Richardson (my sister-in law) gave me a book by Leighton Ford, The Attentive Life. I love what he says.


"Each of us is part of a Greater Story, and behind our stories is a Storyteller calling us home. The deepest longing I have is to come home to my own heart...to bring my real self before the real God, to be changed into his true image, to become all that God has made me to be. It was and is longing to belong, to have a home for God in my heart..."


Thank you for reading my Blog and for checking up on me, I hope I will be able to update a little faster after my next treatment but the time spent at my computer has been short.

Thank you Vickie for creating this beautiful Blog!!!

P.S. I hope ya'll have enjoyed the music :)

P.P.S. I am adding a picture of me with, my haircut shorter that it has ever been so I can get use to no hair.

1 comment:

  1. And you look beautiful, Jane. In fact, you're beautiful inside and out. I'll keep battling in prayer for you!!

    ReplyDelete